Energy Save New West wishes everyone a Happy New Year!
Thanks again to everyone in the local community supporting Energy Save New West. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary this year and this would not have been possible without everyone’s support.
Building on these milestones, we’re excited for the opportunity to continue to provide program solutions and new support in 2024, including:
- Homeowner webinar on “Energy Efficiency Upgrades and Rebates” in February with a focus on local projects, and whole home approaches to achieve improved energy-efficiency and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- Local case studies on heat pump retrofits sharing best practices in equipment selection, installation, and working with contractors.
- Heat pump noise guide to support heat pump outdoor unit placement and design/installation strategies to minimize noise.
- Spring 2024 Builder & Designer Breakfast event to support increased capacity in green building.
- Website updates including new resources, layout and design.
The 14 participants who completed post-upgrade energy
evaluations in 2023 achieved an average of:
GHG Emissions Reductions
Multi-language workshops hosted by Empower Me
to support equity and inclusion of hard-to-reach communities in New West. A new electric vehicle (EV) workshop launched this year with 200+ participants attending both the standard and EV workshops in 2023. Empower Me also helped local multi-cultural communities with Summer Heat Preparedness information.
New West participants in FortisBC’s Deep Energy Retrofit Pilot.
This initiative is designed to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 50%. The Deep Energy Retrofit Pilot objective is to uncover “how low can you go” towards net zero emissions with natural gas as primary heating and domestic hot water source.
Relaunched Properate to support homeowners with detailed energy upgrade costs and benefit analysis to complement EnerGuide evaluation reports. This year, 30 homeowners participated in the Properate Pilot.
High performance new homes completed construction in 2023.
New Home Projects in design or construction stage
Better energy performance achieved new homes built in New West compared to code-built homes.
Average GHG Reduction
(avg. 2.13 ACH @50 Pa) versus industry average
Community Energy and Emissions Plan (CEEP)
Supported City efforts to promote the updated CEEP Plan 2050. This included industry engagement and input on updated Energy Step Code and Zero Carbon Step Code requirements adopted on December 11, 2023